Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Good Bye 2015



Today is the last day of 2015. It's been a funny old year this year. I have, for a long time,  felt that odd numbered years are more difficult than the evenly numbered years. I know it sounds silly. For me odd years bring change, struggle, new journeys ahead (interestingly both my boys were born on odd years). Odd years tend to bring the most personal growth, they tend to be busy but also unsettling.

Even years tend to allow me to catch my breath a bit, they are often quite fruitful and life generally flows a little easier. They can bring closure and even sad good byes. Overall though they are more down hill (odd years being up hill). A good even year will see me more balanced and centred and hopefully happy, which of course is preparation for another odd year. The cycle of life I guess.

So good bye 2015 you have brought me new directions, friends and renewed aspirations. I can't say I am sad to see you go, you haven't been easy. But, you have not failed to disappoint. I am definitely not the same person I was at the start of the year and for that I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...